The good news: two years after the Islamic State swept through large swaths of north-western Syria, and seized control of upwards of one-third of Iraq, a coalition of U.S, Arab and Kurdish military forces are poised to launch a massive new battle to liberate the city of Mosul, Iraq’s second largest.
The bad news: how much time do you have?
- For one thing, while ISIS is losing ground in Iraq, and even losing some ground in Syria, it’s ideology has spread to some three-dozen countries.
- Second, ISIS is recruiting jihadists from well over 100 countries.
- Third, ISIS operatives and loyalists are launching deadly terror attacks all over the world, including in North America and various NATO countries.
- Four, the battle for Mosul — repeatedly promised yet repeatedly delayed over the past year — could cause ISIS to slaughter many more innocents.
- Fifth, the battle for Mosul could also create a massive…
View original post 615 more words